In order to maintain the appearance of the development, the board imposes the following set of rules and regulations. The cooperation of all homeowners and residents is sincerely appreciated. The board has the legal right to issue a warning and subsequently impose a fine for any violation of these rules and regulations.
1. If certified letters are sent due to rule violation, a fee will be charged for each letter or subsequent letter sent.
2. All exterior improvements (including painting) must compliment the home, and must be approved in writing by the Arlington Hills Homeowners’ Association. Forms are available on the website (www.arlingtonhills.net).
3. Residents are responsible for the actions or behavior of their children, guests, or pets.
4. Any behavior which disturbs the peace and tranquility of the community is prohibited.
5. BB guns, pellet guns, air rifles, or shooting of any kind are prohibited in the community.
1. All dues are to be paid by the 1st of the first month of each quarter (Jan 1, Apr 1, Jul 1, Oct 1)
2. A fee will be charged for checks returned by the bank.
3. A $20 late fee will be assessed for every month past the due date ($60 per quarter). Dues not paid after a period of 6 months will result in civil proceeding.
4. If the Association account balances fall below $4,000, a special assessment to cover estimated expenses will be assessed on all homeowners. The assessment will be due within 30 days and will be accompanied by supporting documentation.
Traffic and Vehicles
1. No major repairs of vehicles, no overhauling of vehicles, no immobilized or disabled vehicles shall be permitted.
2. Operating non-conventional vehicles (e.g. minibikes, dune buggies, snowmobiles, or go-karts) within Arlington Hills is prohibited.
3. Cars not being used or not having a current license plate and inspection must be removed within 15 days.
4. All vehicles on the property must have a current license and inspection and be in full operating condition. Vehicles not meeting these criteria will be towed at the owner’s expense and a storage fee could incur after notification of towing.
5. Parking or storage of campers, boats, trailers, etc. is prohibited.
6. A onetime warning will be issued by the property manager for all parking violations with subsequent fines. If no action is taken by the Homeowner and/or Tenant further fines may be charged, legal action and/or towing by the owner’s expense.
1. Animals tied outside or running loose are not permitted.
2. No outside shelters.
3. All animal waste must be picked up by the owner immediately.
4. Any violation to the above rules will be reported to Upper Allen Township.
1. The association may do inspections at any time.
2. A notice will be sent to the homeowner from the property manager if any violations are found. A $50 fine will be assessed every month until the violation is corrected.
1. Each homeowner is responsible for landscaping maintenance of beds surrounding property.
2. Shrubbery should be planted 5 feet off the street, sidewalks and parking lots. All shrubbery planted in the common areas shall be become property of the Arlington Hills Homeowners’ Association.
1. All trash cans and recycle containers shall be kept screened by adequate planting or fencing in the front or the rear of all properties.
2. Any structure not presenting a neat and well maintained appearance must be maintained by the homeowner. No advertising signs, billboards, objects of unsightly appearance, or nuisance will be permitted to remain on any unit or lot. The Association reserves the right to do maintenance, make repairs, or remove unsightly objects if neglected by the homeowner after notification by the Association.
3. Such maintenance, repair, or removal will be paid for by the homeowner on demand, or, if not paid, will be added to and becomes part of the assessment to which the lot is subject.
4. Outside patio furniture must be stored on the patio areas.
5. Trash must be placed in trash containers or in securely tied heavy-duty trash bags and placed at curbside early the morning of or after sundown the evening before scheduled pick- up days. Trash containers must be retrieved by the end of trash collection day. If trash containers remain on sidewalks, curbside, on common grounds or on streets, or not property screened in by the end of trash collection days, then they will be removed. Residents should mark their address number on their trash cans, lids, and recycle containers.
6. Trash removal of large items (furniture, appliances, etc.) must be scheduled by the homeowner/resident with the trash collection company.
7. Any large trash items not collected on trash day must be retrieved by the resident. Do not put furniture, appliances or large items out until the evening before you have scheduled a pickup.
8. Curtains, drapes, or blinds must be hung at all windows within 60 days of occupancy.
9. Each homeowner is responsible for maintaining the appearance of their property. This includes picking up trash, cigarette butts, etc.